Library Haul

So much has changed in just 3 days!

(1) The Essex Serpent library eBook became available for check out and I did it!
(2) I purchased The Female Persuasion at Barnes & Nobles for 40% off because it was the May Book Club read for the B&N Store Book Club. The bookseller at the register said that the meet-up was great and many people enjoyed the book.
(3) Library Haul!!! I had an opportunity to stop by my local library on Friday afternoon on the way home, during their open hours, to pick up a book I had on hold. So now I have Battleborn. At my daughter’s request, I picked up two additional Star Darling titles. I took a few pictures of new middle grade fiction that I want to keep in mind to check out on the future. I also hustled over to the adult new fiction and picked up Her Body and Other Parties and The Last Equation of Issac Severy, which might be my very first mystery book. It is a genre I normally ignore because I do not want to read psychological thrillers, which mess with my imagination. But read about Issac Severy on BOTM and thought it would be a good jumping off point into mystery.
  • The Essex Serpent by Sarah Perry; Harper Collins, US release date 6/6/2017 
  • The Female Persuasion by Meg Wolitzer; Penguin Random House, release date 4/3/2018 
  • Battleborn by Claire Vaye Watkins; Penguin Random House, release date 8/2/2012 
  • Her Body and Other Parties by Carmen Maria Machado; Graywolf, release date 10/3/2017 
  • The Last Equation of Issac Severy by Nova Jacobs; Simon & Schuster, release date 3/6/2018
I will be making changes to the May 2018 Reading List, because I doubt I can read 14 books in one month!

Comments